#CapturingCommunity is a series where we, in the Service-Learning community, are able to sit down with staff from our community partners, faculty at Northeastern, and students to hear about their experiences with Northeastern’s Service Learning program. In this post, Tyler Nicholson, a Service-Learning Team Manager and Teaching Assistant will answer some questions!

canva-photo-editor

Name: Tyler Nicholson
Role within Service-Learning: Service-Learning Team Manager and Service-Learning Teaching Assistant for First-Year Writing with Bret Keeling

Did you find Service-Learning or did Service-Learning find you?
Service-Learning found me! I was in a S-L section of First-Year Writing, and I wasn’t aware it was a S-L section until I got to class on the first day!

What is your favorite memory of Service-Learning?
My favorite memory of S-L is probably running the SWAG table at the 2017 S-L Spring Expo! It was a blast!

If Service-Learning were a song, what would it be and why?
Service-Learning to me sounds like Q.U.E.E.N by Janelle Monae. It’s fun, upbeat, and calls upon people to inspire and fight for the change that they want-a message that I think is acted upon by our community partners in the areas they serve and by students in their S-L and academic work.

Adapted from S-LOG post published on March 1, 2018.