Runaway to Broader Impacts
Northeastern faculty are invited to participate in a peer learning community focused on developing and sustaining research partnerships with non-academic partners for impactful and socially responsible research. Participation is open to faculty in all colleges and at any stage in their careers. Our goal is to share information about resources at Northeastern that can help you navigate extramural partnerships and to provide a forum for interdisciplinary knowledge sharing.
Participating scholar-practitioners will:
- Engage with Principles of Anti-Oppressive Community Engagement and apply those principles to our own disciplines and projects;
- Learn about domains of community engaged research;
- Hear perspectives from colleagues across the university, learn from others’ experiences;
- Develop personal research impact statements, goals and approaches for community engaged research;
- Share your own experiences and best practices for community-engaged research.
We are pleased to announce the schedule for the second year of the Runway to Broader Impacts Peer Learning Group program, October 2023 – March 2024. Meetings will alternate in-person/virtul on the 2nd Thursday of each month, with all meetings from 3:00-4:30 Eastern:
- Oct 12 – The value of community-engaged research
- Nov 9 – Frameworks for engagement, Research impact identity development
- Dec 14 – Interdisciplinary perspectives on community-engaged research
- Jan 11 – Stakeholder mapping
- Feb 8 – Co-developing a research proposal with community partners
- March 14 – Sharing community-oriented research statements and goal setting
Please email Liz Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Becca Berkey, PhD, Director of Community Engaged Teaching and Research
Kimberly Lucas, PhD, Professor of the Practice in Public Policy and Economic Justice, School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs
Liz Allen, PhD, Research Development Officer